Flirting is a great way of showing someone that you are romantically interested in them. But if you can’t help but use cheesy chat up lines, cringy comments, and creepy advances, the chances of you scoring a date are slim to none at best.
A personal development consultant, Kenny Mammarella-D’Cruz aims to get to the heart of any man’s issues, whether it be with wealth embarrassment or the inevitable mid-life crisis. Kenny employs unique tools to empower men, allowing them to transform their lives. With that in mind, Kenny is offering up 5 ways to master your flirting game:
- Eye contact – this is a great way to connect with someone, even if they are on the other side of the room. Once your eyes connect, hold the gaze for a second, smile and then look away. It is also important to hold eye contact once you start chatting but remember to break it every now and again to keep things from getting too intense.
- Don’t get too deep – flirting is supposed to be fun, so don’t talk about anything too deep when you first meet someone new. Chat about your hobbies and things you enjoy as this could be a great way to find common ground. Be playful and try not to take yourself too seriously.
- Use body language – some of the most effective communication is through non-verbal channels. As such, body language can often say more about how you feel than what you’re actually saying. Stand up straight, keep your stance open, and turn your body toward the other person to seem inviting. Avoid crossing your arms as this can signal that you want to be alone.
- Don’t be too eager – it’s easy to get a little excited when you start to like someone. Try to keep your interactions short and sweet as this will leave them wanting more. Don’t allow conversations to drag on and don’t overdo it with the compliments as this can come across as desperate and be off-putting. You want to keep a mysterious edge.
- Ask for a date – be bold and be straightforward – people aren’t mind-readers. If you like someone, ask for their number and ask them if they would like to see you again. This shows that you are interested, and it also shows that you are confident, which is an attractive trait.
Kenny runs MenFlirt workshops, which are not about flirting with anyone in particular – but about ‘be~ing the flirt’. Coming from that place inside of you that makes you irresistible, as your authentic vibe is naturally put out into the world to attract the life and love you want.